Millwrights / Luber
Must have the ability to move, assemble and install machinery and equipment such as conveyors, spouting, hoists, towers, distributors and all other grain-related equipment. Must be familiar with rigging, hoisting, welding and all other safety guidelines. Working knowledge of gearing, mechanical belts, blueprints and schematic drawings is a huge plus. Lubricating and maintaining machinery. Full-time position with benefits.
Process Technician / Process Support
Tate & Lyle has one Contractor 59 Bldg Technician positions available for immediate or near-immediate placement.
Generally this position requires 40+ hours per week with paid overtime. Contractors will work rotating shifts (typically 12-hour shifts), including nights and weekends; the Pilot Plant will operate 24/7. Contractors will report to a Tate & Lyle Shift Lead Technician.
• Responsible for safe start-up, operation, and shutdown of lab and pilot plant scale fermentation & downstream equipment.
• Sampling and performing analytical tests.
• Record data and enter it into database.
• Log and organize data, perform basic calculations, and note observations based on results.
• Be diligent in monitoring/observing experiments and reporting significant responses.
• Troubleshoots operating equipment problems and relays pertinent information to appropriate personnel.
• Possess mechanical skills.
• The ability to offer suggestions for procedural improvements and clearly communicate process problems and results.
• Demonstrate good communication skills with all co-workers and a "can do" attitude.
• Work in a Team environment.
• Establishes and maintains professional performance standards including the willingness to go above and beyond the normal duties if the project or timeline are critical.
• Asks pertinent questions regarding the safe operation of their process.
• Able to lift 50 lbs.
• Willingness to work 12-hour rotating shifts, if required.
B.S degree required preferably in Biology, Chemistry, or Engineering related science
Reports to Fermentation Lab Manager
• Location: Decatur, IL
• Compensation: per interview
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• Please, no phone calls about this job!